Describe a good law in your country
You should say:
- Which law is it?
- When it was implemented?
- And explain why do you think it is a good law?
- I would like to start by saying that laws play an important role in every nation as they help the country to stand firm and flourish.
- Since India is a democratic country, there are many laws in my nation which are boon for the masses.
- However, here I would like to talk about a law which I find very beneficial for general public.
- It is the ban on smoking in public places.
- The law was implemented in my nation on 2nd October 2008 when the highest judiciary “Supreme Court” gave the orders to implement it.
- It came in action immediately and for that Supreme Court must be commended.
- There are various reasons why I think this is a good law.
- First of all, the law stops people to smoke in public places such as bus stand, railway stations etc. where all age people visit.
- Since India is a highly populated country, the population of people who smoke is around 120 million according to WHO.
- Therefore, banning smoking in public places is the single most measure to combat the aftermaths of passive smoking.
- Apart from that, the offenders of this law are strictly handled by the police. They have to pay a fine of upto 1000 Indian rupees or sometimes the punishment go upto 6 months of imprisonment too.
- Furthermore, (since) the day this law has been implemented, the governments of each state are running so many campaigns and adverts to aware people of this law and now, the result is that, people can easily visit these public places without getting harmed from the passive smoking which unlike before was becoming next to impossible for a non smoker.
- In addition, the diseases like cancer, which are the results of smoking, can be curtailed.
- To cut the long story short, I can say that this law should be followed by all and sundry so that we can root out deadly diseases like cancer from our nation.